- 500 acres of botanic gardens with well marked paths through walled gardens, water gardens, woodlands, lakes, ponds and a wetland conservation area. Also rare plants, National collections and the Millenuium Seed Bank are preserved here.
- A fine show-piece of the late 19th century Arts and Crafts movement, featuring rich William Morris textiles and wallpapers, complemented by contemporary furniture, ceramics and pictures of the period. A conservatory, home to mediterranean plants like Plumbago and Oleander and woodland gardens overlooking Weirwood Resevoir are also worth exploring.
Sheffield Park Gardens
- Beautiful woodand gardens designed by Capability Brown and Humphrey Repton -landscape architecture at it’s best with a centre piece of four lakes linked by cascades and waterfalls surrounded by mature trees and shrubs planted en masse.
The Bluebell Railway
- Largest collection of Southern steam locomotives, visitor information, timetables, events and news from the Bluebell Railway, Sheffield Park Station.
- With origins dating from 1372 as a hunting ground for the aristocracy, this 6, 400acres of woodland and heath has spectacular views and delightful walks AND the famous bear ‘Winnie the Pooh’ lives here! Head for Hartfield for Pooh Corner.
Ashdown Llama Park
- Over 100 Llamas and alpacas, lovely views, picnic area, adventure play area, museum, South American crafts, gift shop, coffee shop.
The Priest House, West Hoathly
- 15th century timber framed house now a musuem containing 17th/18th century domestic furniture, needlework and household items. Herb garden.
Deers Leap Park
- 230 acres of outstanding countryside with a specially developed “off road” cycling course. Tracks suitable for all abilities! Bikes for hire.
Bentley Wildfowl and Museum
- Superb collection of veteran cars and motorcycles, and swans, ducks and geese.Country house, garden and woodland walks.
- The home of Winston Churchill set in lovely gardens with breathtaking views. Nearby are Quebec house in Westerham and Emmetts gardens with rare plants.
- 15th century castle, childhood home of Anne Boleyn. Italian, Tudor and rose gardens. Yew maze and unique water maze.
- Excellent small zoo with animals in naturalistic environments and over an acre of playland including Amazon Adventure.